The Department of Home Affairs' Fostering Integration Grants are now accepting applications for their 2019 - 20 round. Grants from $5,000 to $60,000 are available for eligible activities that seek to facilitate the participation, integration and social cohesion of both newly arrived migrants and culturally diverse communities in Australia.
To be eligible you must be a not-for-profit organisation that is legally registered in Australia and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Incorporated Association
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
Eligible activities include:
- Festivals, multicultural events, and community functions that showcase elements of cultural heritage to the broader community
- Provision of work experience to migrants to help overcome employment barriers
- Innovative arts projects to unite diverse communities
- Working with children on anti-racism workshops
- Supporting recently arrived migrant women to connect with well-established women in the community to increase social networks
- Using sport to increase social interaction between different cultural groups
Applications close 11pm, Tuesday 5th November 2019.
To apply or to find out more please see the Fostering Integration Grants website here: https://www.communitygrants.gov.au/grants/fostering-integration-grants-0