Volunteer Grants Now Open!
Expressions of interest are now open for the 2022 round of the Federal Government's Volunteer Grants Program!
Volunteers are the backbone of so many of our wonderful community organisations, and these grants will provide a way to support these amazing individuals and programs.
There is $66,225 available for not-for-profit organisations within the electorate of Cooper!
Grants of $1,000 - $5,000 are available for:
- Eligible small equipment
- Transport costs of volunteers with disabilities
- Fuel costs incurred by volunteers
- Training for volunteers
- Background screening checks on volunteers
- Promoting awareness of and increasing participation in volunteering opportunities
- Grants are only available for items that directly benefit the work of the volunteers
- The grants can be used to buy small equipment for volunteers or for the reimbursement of volunteer fuel, transport or training costs
- Grant funds can also be used to promote awareness and increase participation in volunteering opportunities.
- must be a not-for-profit organisation
- have a minimum of 40% of volunteers working for your organisation
- be an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be willing to provide a statement by Supplier form (reason for not quoting an ABN). Please refer to the Australian Tax Office website for further information.
Please note our expression of interest period will close at 5pm, Wednesday 7 September.
For more information on this grant program, its eligibility requirements and the kinds of projects you could fund, please head to
If you have any questions or would like assistance in expressing your interest, please contact my office on (03) 9416 8690 or at [email protected]